Automobile Insurance


A: An automobile collision deductible waiver is an important coverage to carry at a very reasonable cost. The insurance company will entirely eliminate your collision deductible if both of the following criteria are met: 1) You cannot be more than 50% at fault in the accident and 2) You must be able to identify the at fault person.

A: Comprehensive coverage affords you with coverage on your car with respect to all types of losses except collision losses: fire, theft, vandalism & glass are some of the coverages just to name a few. A deductible you choose will apply to each loss except glass, (no deductible applies to glass losses)! Collision with an animal is also covered by comprehensive coverage.

A: Yes and no. By purchasing the rental company’s insurance you assure yourself of little to no out of pocket expense should something happen to the rental car while it is in your care, custody & control. Some credit card companies will give you similar coverage just by using their credit card—you should call your card companies to see what they offer. Similarly, your collision and comprehensive coverage will extend to the rental vehicle provided it’s rented to you and you are the listed driver. But—it will not pay for the loss of rental income the rental company will charge you while the vehicle is being repaired or replaced.

A: You need to list all members of your household, related to you or not, or anyone else who customarily uses your vehicle as a driver on your policy for them and for you to be properly covered should a loss occur. If not, it is likely that damage to your car will not be covered.

Homeowners Insurance


A: Homeowner insurance is a comprehensive insurance product purchased by home owners, condominium unit owners or renters and tenants. The policy provides personal property coverage, building coverage if needed, along with other structures, personal liability protection, and additional living expenses.

A: You need homeowner insurance to protect your most valuable assets. It will pay you to repair or replace your home or other damaged structures. It will pay you to buy replacement furniture, clothing, essentials and other personal property if they become damaged by a covered loss. It protects you personally, against possible lawsuits, paying monies to injured or damaged persons, thus protecting your home and other valuable and treasured assets.

A: It is only required by banks, mortgagees, or other lending institutions for amounts equal to the value of your loan.

A: You need to purchase an amount sufficient to fully replace your home as it stands today. You need enough coverage to not only replace your home’s structure (s), but also to replace your possessions—all of your personal property. To help determine that amount, we will evaluate both your home’s square footage, your home’s features, and its construction quality to find its true replacement cost.

A: If and once your homeowner insurance is cancelled, you no longer have any coverage and it’s necessary to immediately write new coverage. Your home and your home’s insurance is the bank’s collateral on your mortgage loan. Banks and lending institutions, (mortgagees), will force-place coverage only for the loan’s remaining balance. This means you won’t have enough coverage to repair or rebuild—only to satisfy the loan. And their cost is extremely expensive! In some cases to rewrite new coverage you may be required to pre-pay the yearly premium or you may have to resort to coverage through MPIUA, the State’s Fair Plan for at least one (1) year.

A: Since the storms & hurricanes of the 1990’s, insurance companies have imposed special policy wind/hail deductibles on dwellings and other buildings in coastal areas. The deductibles are usually expressed as a percentage of the building limit. The deductibles range from 1—5% depending on the insurance company and your home’s proximity to coastal waters. This means that a building limit of $350,000 with a 2% wind/hail deductible will have a $7,000 deductible. Deductibles can also be expressed as a flat amount such as $10,000 or $25,000. These deductibles apply every time the wind blows or due to a hail event.

A: A named storm deductible is very different from a wind/hail deductible. Whereby a wind deductible applies each and every time the wind blows, a named storm deductible only applies to storms and hurricanes that were named prior to the occurrence, such as “Hurricane Katrina”. If a wind gust, Nor’easter or other violent storm occurs that was not previously named, the standard policy deductible, (usually $500) applies. But if a named storm results in a loss, the stated named storm deductible will apply. Like the wind/hail deductible, it is usually expressed as a percentage of the building limit, although it might also be expressed as a flat deductible such as $10,000 or $25,000. A named storm deductible provides you with much more coverage than a wind/hail deductible.